Toys

Any ideas on toys for 3 1/2yr olds.. My son seems he's not interested in playing with his.

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son worships hot wheels cars. and ramps for the cars. or as my son calls them "bridges" he also like thomas the train. it also helps that he sometimes watches the train movies and the movie cars.. what makes him really happy a plain old box and i put his cars in that for some odd reason he thinks its fun to put all his cars in the box lol. maybe ur son would like a talken teddy bear or the one that the bears says toes or belly ear. or just some pots and pans to bang around ( get ibprofin for yourself )
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Bee (4 yrs) will spend hours playing with her little people sets. She has 3 and sets them up in a little half circle and creates her own villiage. You can probably find lots of them on ebay or in your thrift/goodwill stores. That's where I've gotten most of hers. Most of them are pretty tough too.
    MommaJen536

Answer by MommaJen536 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Batman or any action figures. My son plays with them and cars, but most of all he plays with balls. He will bounce balls against the wall and catch it, he has a catch with us while we watch tv, he bounces little basketballs. He is also 3 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• He may just be overwhelmed. Try taking 1/2 of his toys away. Swap them out once a week. It is always so funny and sad to see a child surrounded by toys saying he's "bored" when really he just can't decide because he has too many choices.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• OK, ds doesn't play with toys, he is 3 1/2. He plays with stuff. Pots and pans and a spoon, tupperware bins, when he had blocks he loved them, but the dogs ate them. He loves coloring and his favorite thing is his little shovel and claw thingy for a garden, he will sit outside for hours just playing with those two things.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Cars and trucks http://astore.amazon.com/cjkidzfunactivities-20?node=62&page=1   But  I also agree about switching out the toys.  Kids are funny.  They won't play with it until you want to put it in a garage sale, give it away, or let someone else play with it.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009