What is the best organization tip do you have?

What is the best tip you have for saving time and/or money and staying organized?

aprilford2003

Asked by aprilford2003 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I take care of the mail as soon as I bring it in. Junk goes in recycling. Bill get paid or put in the check book. medical stuff gets put in the file for medical stuff. Bank stuff goes on my husband's chair so he has to pick it up and deal with it or else sit on it. I look through magazines, and if there is nothing interesting I put it in the donate pile. I never leave mail sitting, it gets dealt with or discarded.

Answer by Bmat at 1:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Get rid of the clutter! You know, the stuff that just sits there because you don't know what else to do with it! If it doesn't have a place to go and you are puzzled as to what to do with it, why keep it? Try it in the kitchen....clear the countertops of anything that doesn't belong there and get regular use. Chances are, if you get rid of the clutter, you'll be able to be more organized and you'll find things that you forgot you had!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Everything has a place. Mail gets taken care of as soon as it comes. Teach the kids that when they are done using something it goes back to it's place. I keep a basket down stairs that I put things in that go upstairs and whenever I go upstairs I grab it and put those things in their place. Even in my fridge things have a place, so I know what's in there. I have a certain place for all dirty clothes and I put the clean ones away asap. I keep extra diapers and wipes in my car. I keep a diaper bag stocked, when I have babies here. This is one of my OCD things..maybe....but I have a small notebook that I write everything down in, I have a page for each day and I write appt, b-days, chores...whatever in there. It's almost like a journal, but it's lists and not feelings just things I did or need to do. Hope some of this helps you...I am alittle OCD, or so my family tells me! LOL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2009