4 1/2 months old

My son is 4 1/2 months old but the size of a 6 1/2 year old ( my 1 st child was the same. my husband is 6ft5in so that is why they are so big!) anyway the pedi told us to start him on oatmeal cereal 2 weeks ago so we did and he loves it. I mix with formula and sometimes with applesauce. anyways she said to start him on baby food whenever we felt comfortable. I think we are ready to start baby food but how many times a day should he have baby food? like at breakfest have just the cereal and then lunch babyfood and then dinner babyfood or just dinnertime? and how many oz should he eat? I made 2 oz of cereal but he still acts like he is starving! so I give him a bottle or formula.. any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Single grain rice cereal is super easy to make and its fortified with iron. Try mixing it thicker like mash potatoes. I give my girl (7 months) baby food when everyone else is at the table. If your child is acting like they try to chew food try the dissolving puffs. My girl has no teeth but loves to mull them around. They are great for on the go too. Don't worry about overfeeding. If he is still hungry give him more. Try starting baby signlanguage too. That way, in a few months, he can tell you if he wants more, and if its water, food, or milk. Just remember to try only one new food at a time so you can see how it reacts with baby. Also try extra calcium in his diet, sounds like he needs it. If you do regular milk, make sure it is acidopholus, it breaks down the large dairy protiens and makes it easier on your system.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• my sons the same age i do oatmeal or rice with fruit n formula and than i do dinner vegs single vegs like so far we did carrots n sweet pot. i dont do lunch my doc said to make sure he gets his formuls intake than.i give him 3 ozs of oatmeal or rice.good luck
    Anonymous