How do I get my 3 month old to take longer naps in the afternoon?

My little one is only napping at least 30 mins in the afternoon, then he gets extremely tired around 6:00pm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No idea. Emi didn't start taking longer naps until she hit 9 months. Maybe just put him to bed at 6pm?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My BB is 7 months old, and rarely does she sleep more than 45 minutes in the after noon. When she does its 2 hours and she misses her next nap time. Maybe just more naps a day. BB's schedual is when she gets sleepy, wakes about 8am, naps at 10am, 1pm, 5pm, 8pm, then bed at 10pm. The times fluxuate a bit but it works for her.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Are you nursing? My son takes short naps but I found that if I go in around the time he was about to wake up and nurse him for a few minutes he would sleep longer, most of the time another hour.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 2:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2009