Post on Craig's List for friends????

My son and DIL just moved to Ft. Carson, Colorado about 1 month ago. My DIL doesn't work (she should but that's another story! LOL!!) Anyway, my son told me that she posted a friend request on Craig's list so she can find some girlfriends.
Well, I looked at her post and she has described how she is new to the town and wanting some girlfriends to hang out with. Then she posted 2 really cute pictures of them as a couple! The words of the ad didn't bother me as much as the pictures. It was kind of like "look, we're fun and cute, we're worth being friends with". Well, it just broke my heart and I could cry just thinking about it. I feel so bad for her. Is that common nowadays to post an ad online wanting friends? And do you have any suggestions on what I could do to help her even tho I'm a 17 hour drive away. Any help please!! My son is a soldier and they have no children, if that helps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• If hes military then there should be a program for his wife to meet other people new to that area. I forget what its called but tell him to ask his 1st shirt or commander if there are any happening soon.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just recommend sites like this to find friends. MSN has groups, so does Yahoo where you can meet people in your area. That's how I made pretty much all of my friends each time we moved.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The internet and craig's list is used for just about anything now. I'd say it is common to have such postings. It's a sign of the times I guess. It has it's benefits. what is the title of her listing? I actually wouldn't mind seeing it!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 2:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009