question about "a visit to the doctor" books for children

my son is 15 months old and yesterday at his well visit he screamed when the nurses touched him. So I'm thinking about buying a doctor kit for role playing and some books. I checked the websites of stores in my area which sell toys and the kits in my price range didnt get the best reviews. so for now I might just get some books. I remember the Berenstein Bears books as a kid, and I also saw a Spongebob book online, and hear a lot about an Elmo book. Which book(s) do you have at home and were they helpful? do you think reading these types of books to a 15 month old would have a positive outcome? or would the doctor kit? or maybe both? I might do some ebay searching for an old school doctor kit, fisher price had some cool ones in the 80's!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son just got a doctor's kit for his birthday, and it's really cool because it has a toy bandaid. He loves it because he always wants to wear a bandaid. Here's a link to see the one I have by Fisher Price: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2983674
    As far as I can tell, the only differences between this one & the old ones when we were kids is the bandaid and the bag it's in. The thermometer is a little different, but it's not a big difference. I bought mine right before Christmas on sale at Toys R Us for like $5. I couldn't resist! I've saved it all this time to give my son for his birthday that was Monday!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2009