how often should i give my baby a bath?

robynbird1990

Asked by robynbird1990 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bathed our babies every evening. It relaxed them for bed, and besides I like to shower every evening, too. Also, I figured they needed at least the diaper area bathed more than with a wipe. In the winter it was a quick bath, in the summer I let them splash a bit.

Answer by Bmat at 1:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Every other day at first, about 6 months and later you can start once a day before bed to help them sleep. You could probly start the once a days at 4 months if you wanted but they don't get into anything to make them messy. Newborns glands have to adjust by themselves. If you over clean them they get confused. My BB had chapped skin on her forehead at 4 months, I was told her glands were just trying to figure it out. I put Vit E on them until they straightened themselves out.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• After the umbilical cord stub falls off, I started doing it everyother day at first and now we do it every night, unless we were out. It's our daughters routine. Plus, she loves the bath! She has a ball splashing and soaking the kitchen!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My DD is 3 months and we take one every other day. In between I just take a moist wash rag and wipe her down some. :D
    melissa0425

Answer by melissa0425 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2009