if satan is about trickery....

ok here is a question....... now im not saying i believe this, just posing a question. they say satan is the master of trickery and deceives people?

so what if someone said everything in the bible is actually switched...what it says about god is actually satan...and about stan is actually god...cause he is so deceitful he decided to have the whole thing rearranged to trick ppl into worshiping him, ....and like in the bible when god let JOB endure hardships to prove his worth etc....god allowed it to happen to let people prove they can follow their heart and not a book.

wouldnt that be freaking crazy! talk about the largest trick in the world

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• an example would be like god is actually about indulgences and wants you to enjoy life to its fullest...while satan wants you to abstain and suffer .....but he switched that in the bible so when you are abstaining and not giving into the natural wants of your body.....you are following satans guidelines.....

and no hating people. this i sjust a question
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Interesting question. And of course it wouldn't have to be everything written that was a trick. Consider if most of it were in fact the word of the creator, but small, but important parts were slipped in to really mess people up. Whenever you have a dark god, or powerful malevolent force working in opposition of a benevolent creator, you can find many fascinating philosophical puzzles to consider.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Wow. You have alot of time.
    Umm...interesting. I wouldnt believe it because my faith goes beyond what it says in the bible so while I believe the bible I also have my own beliefs and opinions untouched by it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• stan, lol
    Anonymous

• Even though I don't believe in Satan, I do feel that there is some amount of trickery involved in the bible. I say this not to disrespect anyone's beliefs though. I just mean that the bible has been written, revised and translated over time by men with their own agendas.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i have a lot of time? i think of stuff like this all the time. i just dont usually ask it. ive always poked and prodded and torn things apart with my mind. its just what i do. i like exploring all the different sides to an argument
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• moki, I know what you mean. I like to look at things from all sides and explore different ideas. I think it's a great way to expand the mind and grow.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I disagree with the given interpretation of Job but that's besides the point :-)

Why do I think the Bible isn't switched? Because I don't give that kind of credit to Satan. Satan is not omnipotent, omniscient or omnipresent. He is capable of unmatched trickery, for sure, but to completely switch places with God, overpowering God in that way? Impossible. Satan is not a god. Neither is he nor evil an equal force to God and good.

Besides, faith goes deeper than that. I don't believe because I believe in the Bible. The Bible is not a god within its self for me to revere in that way. I KNOW who I am worshipping because I KNOW God. I know the Bible is from him because I know him.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Wow, terrific question! You even made me break a smile!

I don't think she's specifically saying Satan would have had to overpower God but trick man. Simple as that.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• not to mention......do you think its so far fetched that god would allow it to truly test who was a disciple....who followed their heart and faith, and who just followed words in a book and did not thinkf or themself
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2009