Do you believe love is a choice?

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 1:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I believe love isn't a choice... You love, want, need whoever God intends on you being with.. You can't help who you love..
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• thats a hard question because you love who youre around a lot. but its a choice to be around those people
    Anonymous

• you love who you love...you can ignore it. but you cant make it go away just like that
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I dont beleave love is a choice. It is impossible NOT to love someone of something. But I think you choose if you/how you ACT on that love.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely NOT! I was dating someone else when I met my husband and I knew from that moment I was going to marry him....we were only 16 and here we are at 25 with 2 kids..and I know there is no man i would rather be with...well unless it was Christian Bale, or maybe the Rock lol
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The feeling of love is not a choice.
    But actually loving as in taking care of and being there for a person is a choice.
    You always have the option to leave and make that feeling go away.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Nothing is a choice. Everything is fate.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I believe that Love is a choice, however that being said, Chemistry is not. So you either feel that initial emotional pull to someone or you don't, but if you truly care for someone yes, that can turn into love. Chemistry would be the difference in loving someone like a brother or loving someone like a partner.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think you are first attracted to someone. Like something about them.

But after you've been married it becomes a choice. When life gets in the way it's a choice to stay. To love when the " first feelings" of it are gone.
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 2:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• ive been IN LOVE and LOVING my husband since the day i met him...i swear it took 30 seconds to figure out that i was going to be with him for the rest of my life...we were living with each other about 2 days after we met and got married 6 weeks after...just on a whim...he woke up monday morning and said "if i could marry you today i would" and i said i would too...by 5 pm we were married...we will be together for 2 years on August 27th!
    Anonymous