My 19 year old daughter refuses to get to know my fiance and refuses to come to the wedding, have any suggestions?

She refuses to sit down with either one of us and has distanced herself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Does she not get a long with him? or is it just stubborn teenagers?
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• leave her out of the will... lol j/k.. try to talk to her one on one first and let her know how much you care for both of them..
    MoMMy2TwiNs07

Answer by MoMMy2TwiNs07 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• write her a letter.
    Anonymous

• she may just need some space to let it sink in that ur getting married, she may feel like ur trying to replace her with someone else...thats how i felt when my dad decided to marry im also 19 so give her a little space then try to talk to her again
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I was this EXACT same way when my mom decided to marry someone when I was 19. First impression of just seeing this man made me distance myself~ To this day, I rarely see my mom and HIM. He seems to be more then what my mom needs AND knows nothing more then to drink and get drunk! I cant stand people like that!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 2:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Talk to her and see what is going on in her head but you have to be willing to listen to what she has to say without judging her. It could be that there is more going on then you know. It could be something on her part or it could be that he has given her cause to not like him and you not know. Make a mother daughter brunch date soon.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• it's her issue. let her work it out

Answer by admckenzie at 2:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• then i wouldn't get married intil everything is peaceful with your daughter. she probably feels replaced and just doesn't like ur fiance for that reason. your children should always come first and i know u don't want to put ur life on hold but i think to protect the relationship between you and your daughter that would be the best thing. eventually she will see how happy your fiance makes you and she will grow up and learn to accept the marriage.
    felicia7806

Answer by felicia7806 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009