can someone give me ideas of how to entertain a 3 monmth old?

i always feel like my son is bored or i am not doing enough with him.

NTH

Asked by NTH at 2:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your son is only 3 months..why do you have to entertain him? He just sleep eats and poops. My daughter just started her 4th month..and she likes it when i talk to her. But its way to early to be saying that they are bored.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 2:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• give him tummy time. on one of those tummy playmats
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I agree with both those answers. But count your lucky stars if he is content when you set him down. At 3 months my daughter was standing on my lap and kicking her legs to jump. I had an activity center for her with cool dangly stuff and music. That kept her happy for a while. Tummy was only fun if I was there. And after about 10 minutes her neck would get tired and she would fuss.
    brittneysmom31

Answer by brittneysmom31 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Do you have a swing you can put him in for a bit? Or a bouncer? My son loved those when he was that age!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My DD is 3 months and she loves to be talked to. I also have a rattle that makes noise that i will sit in front of her and shake. She loves it. We also take walks outside, dance, sing, and have tummy time on a play mat. :D Hope this helps.
    melissa0425

Answer by melissa0425 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My DD is 4 months now and I started to feel that way when she was about 2 1/2 months too. We try to keep her busy! Everything already mentioned is great. Here's the things we do during the day: read books (lots and lots of books!), sing songs, recite nursery rhymes, tummy time, laying on her back on the playmat and practice reaching for hanging toys, practice sitting up, walking around the house pointing out things to her, walking around outside, standing her up and practice walking around the living room, and sitting in the swing/bouncy chair for 10-20 minutes. I try to do an activity where I am really involved with her for 15-20 minutes and then an activity where she could entertain herself for 15-20 minutes. Have fun!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009