Do poepl really think this way? Backwards racism.

I was watching Wife swap(i know i know but we all have to have some brain rot time) and they g=had a family on there that would not have white people on their tv show, thought that anything new in the neighborhood that replaced something else is from a white person and was tkaing away from the community(not more population or growth). That everything taken from blacks is to be given back to them, and the local community center does not allow whites. Isn't this discrimination and segregation? Just wondering was this for show or is there people who think this way. I would get slapped by my mom if I would ever do some dumb junk like this to anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What I hate is the term "reverse racism." It is stupid and makes NO sense. The "reverse" of racism is NO racism. Racism knows no color. By it's very definition is is "discrimination based upon race." It doesn't specify certain colors on the color wheel.

People need to get over color. There are a lot of bigger issues in our world today. We need to all remember what is important. We are AMERICANS and our country is in trouble. We must come together to save her.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i love wife swap!!! thats my favorite show.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Yes, I'm sure it happens. But here's a news flash - racism doesn't just come in one flavor there are several different ones to please the masses who choose to use race as a tool to discriminate against another group of people. This has been going on for hundreds, heck perhaps thousands of years. Although sad, it's not new; perhaps this version is new to you but not to the world at large.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The local community center doesn't allow white people?
    Anonymous

• i think that white people are more likley to be called racist b/c of the kkk and all that back in the day, but i guess ppl forgot about the black panters hmmm... also i think that the movie 'white chicks' is racist.... what if 2 white dudes dressed up like black girls & did the "steryotypical" things , they'd be racist but were the wayan's brothers? nope
    Anonymous

• that's not backwards racism. that's racism, just like any other. but i get what you mean. that's terrible, but people like that need to learn on their own of how to be more tolerant & their conspiracy theory of being against them is false.
    Anonymous

• Every race is capable of extreme racism, it's their choice, there is nothing we can do to change the way people are...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• omg my daughters boyfriend is from columbia and the things he goes through is unbelievable.he is a ctizen.but i tell you i feel so bad for him.the discrimination he goes through.we are an american white family and we go out of our way to accept him.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It's racism. Plain and Simple.

But I loved "White Chicks".
    Anonymous

• Hey, anybody can create a club and make the membership strict and based on anything... sex, race, religion...etc. As long as it's a private club, they pretty much can do whatever they want. Discrimination comes in all forms, and unfortunately it still happens all too often. What bothers me is that there is a double standard it seems when it comes the what has been known as "reverse racism." It's awful for the white majority to discriminate against minority racial groups, but when the minority calls out the white majority and tries to eliminate their rights, it's okay. After all, we deserve it right? Because I certainly had flocks of slaves of all colors.... except white. We're above that. Such bull puckey.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009