Why did God create the Universe?

I believe that God created the world and everything in and beyond it. That being said I was contemplating today, why? Why create people? My first though was so that we could worship him. That didn't sound right. That sounds big headed. Then I though maybe because he could but that sounded wrong to, like we were still meant for nothing other than an experiment or just on a whim. My next thought was because God wanted company. I dunno. why do you think God created everything. Not just people but the universe in General.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 2:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Only He knows why.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Many mythologies have attempted to answer this question. For some the gods were lonely, for others the gods created people to worship or "feed" them, for others creating is simply what the gods did without really trying. For some the world was created so that souls (which already existed) could have a place to learn & grow spiritually. Since I don't believe in a conscious creator being, my answer is that there is no reason.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• he wanted an art farm to experiment with.

im sure he gets bored sometimes lol.

can you imagine having everyone on earth as your child....omg talk about a stressed out parent. you wouldnt be bored anymore lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I believe He created us so that He could have a relationship with us and share His love with us. Much like the reasons people decide to have children.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Here are some bible verses that might help... God bless.. Also I believe that God has given indication of his purpose in creating the universe in the Scriptures. Consider Revelation 4:11: Revelation 4:11 11 "Worthy art Thou, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for Thou didst create all things, and because of Thy will they existed, and were created." All things came into being through the will of God. It was God's pleasure that the universe and everything in it be created. He therefore had a purpose in mind. Isaiah 45:18 tells us: Isaiah 45:18 18 For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (He is the God who formed the earth and made it, He established it and did not create it a waste place, But formed it to be inhabited), "I am the LORD, and there is none else.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I agree with hinson, God delights in His creation. He created primarily for His enjoyment.
    Think of it this way, as humans we are made in God's image, why do we create art for exmaple,?
    Because we enjoy it. The item created may have no practical use, but we enjoy the process of creating it. We like when people say "wow that's great art". So it is with God.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• God's purpose in creating the world was that it might be inhabited. It was therefore God's desires that the living creatures of the world would bring him pleasure. Psalm 147:10: Psalm 147:10 10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man.This verse tells us that God does not derive his pleasure from the strength of horses, or of men, but verse eleven of this same Psalm says: Psalm 147:11 11 The LORD favors those who fear Him, Those who wait for His lovingkindness Here is the purpose of God's creation .....man. Obedient man. It was only man who was "created in the image of God" (Gen. 1:27). All other things were created for man's use and control. Psalm 8:6-8 tells us: Psalm 8:6-8 6 Thou dost make him to rule over the works of Thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet,

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• There wasn't anything on TV. He had to resort to crafts that night...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• 7 All sheep and oxen, And also the beasts of the field, 8 The birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, Whatever passes through the paths of the seas. This helps us to see God's purpose. The entire universe was intended by God to be used by man. The Scriptures tell us that even Angels were created for man, Hebrews 1:14:Heb. 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation? Isaiah 43:7 Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made."It is man's responsibility then to glorify God. That's what brings God pleasure. That's why he created us. That was his purpose in creation. But he did not make us without free-will. God does not force himself on man. Can you imagine anyone trying to force you to love them? We were therefore created with moral free-will. We can

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• We can choose to love God, or we can choose to hate him. We can choose to obey, or disobey God bless hope this helped :) I do have more verses if you need them :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009