Should i be worried that my dd hasnt gotten her perioud in about two mths. since her first?

My dd is twelve and is not sexually active..btw!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Not at all. Its extreemly normal for periods to be very irregular the first year or so.
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 3:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Thnx you!! :)
    Anonymous

• Agree with PP, it can take a couple years for her period to get on a regular cycle.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I got my first period and then not another one for seven months. Then when I did get it again it wasn't regular for a few months.
    I wouldn't worry too much.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• At her age her periods are still becoming "normal" .. I started at 9 years old and for the first year I remember my periods being so sporadic i'd bleed for 7 days one month then not have another period for 2 months or so and then the next time I had a period it'd only last a couple of days. Like the other mamas said, I wouldn't worry.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I also started at 9, but it wasn't until I was closer to 12-13 that they were more regular. After a few years, she should have regulated somewhat. If she hasn't, then you could consult a doctor. My first two were 6 months apart, then I had five in three months.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• NO, AT THE BEGINING IT'S NOT ALWAYS REGULAR. BUT DON'T WORRY IT WILL REGULATE AS SHE GETS OLDER .
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• probably just hormones going nuts but tell the dr the next time you go in. I was never regular in my life but I'm in my 50's and still having periods. still irregular but still having them

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I agree with all of the above. But please don't let anyone talk you into doing what the mom of a friend of mine did to her. When her periods weren't coming regular....she had the doctor put her on the pill to regulate her. This was when she was about 14, she was still a virgin at 17 though...I remember...she called me in the middle of the night to tell me! lol
    Anyway....when she got married and they wanted to start a family at about 22....she went off the pill and it took almost 3 yrs before her periods were normal. I don't remember how long it took her to FINALLY get pg...but it was like years!!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• at the beg. it should not be even my litte girl had one and did not have another one unil nine mothes later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2009