I'm Scared. Should I Be?

I'm Scared:(. Should I Be?
Three months ago, I gave birth to my first child. He was delivered in April, and I had my first menstrual period in June. This period was like my other periods (the periods I had before I got pregnant), only a little more painful. I was due to get my second post-partum period yesterday, and it did not come. I was using birth control up until the beginning of this month and stopped taking it because of the awful side effects I was having. My OB said if I don't get my period by this weekend she wants to see me. Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not really. It's normal for your periods to be irregular when they first come back.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My periods were never the same since I had my first child. It took some time for me to get back to a normal cycle...and then I had my second and it took awhile for me to get back to a normal cycle--which was different from before I had children AND from when I had my first. I'm due with my third in a couple weeks-and I am 99% sure that my period won't be the same. I wouldn't be concerned unless your OB tells you otherwise. :) Either way, you'll be fine.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 3:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Omg! This sounds like what happen to me. I gave birth in Feb had the whole 5 weeks of bleedingnormal period in May and then nothing in June. I was on bc I had only been on it a month and took a test sure enough I was pregnant! Good Luck! I am sure it's nothing to worry about
    dreamercat1

Answer by dreamercat1 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• not really. I am 10 months out postbaby and I have yet to have a regular period it takes a while to get back on track
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009