Will my 24 hr protein urine test more than likely come back positive?

I am 36 weeks pregnant and had high blood pressure and my protein strip urine test came back positive. Later the strip test came back negative. Now I am doing a 24 hr protein urine test. Will it more than likely come back positive or negative? Has anyone had experience with this?

Carmoon

Asked by Carmoon at 3:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your urine is more concentrated it can show traces of protein and the high blood pressure may have just been a fluke the truth is even if you are preeclamptic its not a real big deal most likely if you are you will be induced in the next 24 hours but at 36 weeks your baby shouldnt have much trouble their lungs are pretty close to fully developed at 35 weeks. I gave birth to my son at 34 weeks and he came home with us three days after his birth just like any other baby would. He had some of teh typical preemie issues (only slept for 1/2 an hour at a time and couldnt figure out the nursing thing because his suck wasnt strong enough) but other than that he was perfect. Try not to stress worst case scenario you get to meet your precious little one a few weeks early!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009