total insane fits

my son woke up and needed his diaper changed and needed to be dressed he woke fine and then when i went to take his diaper off he jus started screaming yelling hitting kicking and also scratching hes done this a few other times for other little things that shouldnt make him do this no one can calm him down either giving him sumthin to comfort him just makes it worse idk what to do it makes me go insane i smak him and threatin him with another smak or a spank but he dosent care im goin crazy im scared that if i have no1 to help me wen he gets like thi im going to leave him alone cus i dont want to do anythin worsebcus the smaking an spankin to work time outs makes him more angry leaving him in his crib is no use he will jump out and get hurt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does he have any medical conditions like autism? How old is the child? How old are you if you don't mind me asking.
    Anonymous

• my toddler has fits too
    i do not hit her
    hoprfullt she has them at home on carpeted floor, then i let her work it out, there is no getting thru to her then she is in that state. i let the fit go a minute or two, then start to play something REALLY fun, but not with her, just close enough so she can see me, when she figures that I am having fun and i am not giving her any attention, most of time this brings her to me.
    if we are out and she has one, i hold her so she does not slam herself to hard floor or concrete, or metal shopping cart, usually i have to put her in car seat (she is safe in there) and go straight home, if she is still having a fit, she is put on carpet so she can not hurt herself
    she will bang her head-her dad did this as a child .
    it IS very frustrating and hard to handle
    especially when in public and rude people say..what is wrong with her, or they say you are a bad mom
    you are not alone, patience
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Ok - hitting isn't going to help - My son throws fits when I have to stop him also to change his diaper though - I just hold my legs over his arms and somewhat sit on his legs without hurting them - he screams and is mad but I am not letting him run around in a poop diaper either. I know it can get very frustrating. how would you feel if someone stopped you from what you were doing or didn't do what you said but had no way to express it? I know you say you don't have anyone to help but maybe you need to lock yourself in your bathroom and breathe for a few seconds - remind yourself that she's not doing this TO YOU - she just doesn' tknow how to express or handle her emotions right now - its not specifically to make YOU mad.!! i know its hard but smacking a child make aggressive children react worse and in turn will hit you more often!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2009