breast feeding and nipple rings

do i need to take out my nipple rings for good or can i leave them in until its time to feed and then put them back in when feeding is done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took them out. Didn't want him sucking on surgical steel.
    Anonymous

• My SIL left hers in, but took them out to feed and put them back in after my nephew was done each time...
    armymom2007

Answer by armymom2007 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I know a couple moms who had nipple piercings. They all just took them out for the first couple months when they were breastfeeding frequently. Once it was less often, they put them back in sometimes.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have mine done and my doctor told me they would actually help me b/c I have inverted nipples...which is why I wanted to pierce them, so they'd look normal LOL They only "poke out" when I'm turned on...which definitely was NOT happening when breastfeeding. So since they weren't pierced then, I had to use a breast pump & use bottles on my son. Next time I'm going to just leave them in...I think LOL. *I have 24k gold barbells in mine though*
    SuperHumanC

Answer by SuperHumanC at 3:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Take them out while you nurse or pump, you dont want the jewelry coming lose.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009