hav u been told that u were having a boy that had a low heart rate or vise versa and it turning out to be true?

and what is the heart rate for a boy and ....girl?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My daughter had a low heart rate and my son had a high heart rate. They said boys have lower heart rates and girls are higher but with me it was the opposite!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• For all three of mine this was correct my boy had a slower heart rate, My girls had a much faster heart rate
    dreamercat1

Answer by dreamercat1 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I believe the myth is over 150 is a girl, under is a boy. Could be wrong about the number, it might be 140, but high is girl and low is boy. Both of mine were consistently around 160, and I have a boy and a girl.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• "The average fetal heart beat is 140 beats per minute. If the heart beat is consistently higher than that, there is a 5% increased chance that the baby is a girl; consistently lower than that, 5% increased chance that it is a boy. So, there is some truth to this, but not enough to tell you for sure if you are having a boy or a girl. "
    I got that offline. Heartrate is just another old wive's tale. I'm sure it is correct for some, but it's not 100% accurate, nothing is but the u/s, everything else is just guessing. All three of mine were around 150s and I had 2 boys and 1 girl.
    IowaMommie

Answer by IowaMommie at 5:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• im 21 weeks regnant my babys a girl heart rate was 166
    dezeray27

Answer by dezeray27 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My boys (the one I'm currently pg with and my 2 year old) both ran around 150 the whole time within a few bpm.
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 10:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2009