Is 7 months old too young to take a baby off the bottle?

I took my dd off the bottle at age 1. But my ds is 7 months old and he has a lot of teeth and he has been biting bigger holes into the nipples on the bottles. I just noticed today that he has chewed a huge hole into his newest bottle. I bought him a sippy cup and he usually drinks juice or water out of it,but I am thinking about taking him off the bottle completely. Is it too early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, not too early, especially since bottles have become a safety hazard for him. Since he is taking his juice and water from a sippy, there's no reason why you shouldn't switch him completely!

Good Luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My boys never took bottles. It was either breast or sippy cup. They all took the sippy at about seven months. It sounds like it is time to switch.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• nope, not too early. I took my daughter off bottles at 9 months, and I know lots of kids who have never used bottles at all. You could start off with the Nuby ones (they have silicone nipple-like tops and makes transitioning pretty easy)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• As long as he's still getting the formula or breastmilk, it doesn't matter whether it's from a bottle or a sippy.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009