MY 2 MONTH OLD SON IS GRABBING HIS PRIVATE PARTS!!

WELL, MY 2 MONTH OLD SON IS STARTING TO GRAB HIS PRIVATE PARTS WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE HIS DIAPER HE JUST PUTS HIS HAND DOWN THERE AND WONT MOVE IT WHEN I TRY TO TELL HIM MOMMY NEEDS TO CHANGE UR DIAPER!!! IS THIS NORMAL??! WHAT DO I DO?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's perfectly normal! He's just learning how to use his hands and explore his body. He'll do the same with his feet and toes too. Don't make a big deal about it, just distract him with a rattle or something else that you can put in his hands while you change his diaper.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It's not a big deal. It's totally normal, and something that you, as a mom to a boy, should probably get used to! LOL
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• perfectly normal, you don't need to "do" anything
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It's totally normal, lol. He's just realized he has this part of his body that he never realized before. Kinda like when babies realize they have ears, lol! If I randomly realized some thing hanging off of my body, I'd probably be grabbing at it too! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Yep, its normal, he will forget about it for awhile once he finds something else, but when he gets about 2 or so he will find it again and play with it...thats normal too, and he might even tell you or ask you mommy it is growing WHY??? So just be ready LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• NORMAL!! That's the joy of having a little boy, exploration!

My 13 month old son was standing in the bath tub the other night, started peeing, then tried to grab his penis while peeing, LOL :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• welcome to boyhood!! I don't have a boy, but I have two nephews.. and their little 'things' are their best friends LOL!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It's perfectly normal!! I have 2 boys, and my oldest one went through a stage when he was about 8 months old I guess, where whenever I'd take his diaper off, his hand would go straight down there. He finally quit doing it, at least as far as I know!! With 2 boys, who KNOWS what they're up to when they're in the shower or using the bathroom. Boys will be boys!!! I actually don't WANT to know what they're doing sometimes...:)
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Very normal. It feels good. There's nothing sexual about it at that age, it's the same as if he likes the backs of his hands to be rubbed or something. Just make it clear as he's growing up that you don't do it in public.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2009