Faint positive on test?

Hi Ladies,

DH and I are TTC #2 and we think we're pregnant. I took a pregnancy test last Friday, and it was definitively negative. I took another on Sunday, when I was suppose to start my period, and there was a very very faint positive line. I thought I'd wait until Tuesday and the line should be darker. Well, I took one on Tuesday and it was still faint, but just a tad bit darker.

Should I test again later this week? Or just say "Whatever" and assume I'm preggo? Anyone else have faint test results? My control line is super dark, so I know I took it correctly.

THANKS!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You ARE pregnant. I can almost 100% promise you this. Seven and a half months ago, I bought a test. It was negative. My gut told me to buy another one. That one had such a faint positive line that I literally could barely see it...my husband COULDN'T see it. I bought another one a day or two later...same thing. Waited three more days, took two, and both were DARK pink. I'm due in October, lol. If there is ANY line at all in the positive area, it's positive. There has to be that hormone for ANY line to show up. Congratulations!!!!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Even if the line is faint it's still there and it's probably safe to assume you're pregnant. You could always go in to the doctor and get a blood test done.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• why not got another type of test
    use with first morning pee

my guess is you are pregnant

congrates!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• congratulations

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• congrats.. a faint line is just as good as a dark line.. your definitely preggo!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• yea i think you're pregnant!! mine did the same thing, one line was darker than the other and somebody told me that the darker it is means the more pregnancy hormone u have in your body but im not sure. but if you took 2 that were positive than go ahead and consider urself having a baby :)!! congrats!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I took a clear blue non-digital test and there's always a faint line, even if you put water on it the line will be faint...so if it was that then Im not so sure as everyone else. But probably with any other test faint line means positive and maybe just do a digital. Then you wont have to play the shade of the line game...LOL

CONGRATULATIONS if you are
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I took a $4 test the morning I was supposed to start my period bc I just knew I was and it was faint so that afternoon I bought a Dollar Store test and you could just BARELY see the line. 2 days later I bought a ClearBlue test for $8 where it actually say "PREGNANT" or "NOT PREGNANT" and it said PREGNANT :) Ive always heard that a positive is a positive even if its faint.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I had 3 faint positives and I'm 30 weeks pregnant now
    A faint positive is still a positive. Of course if you want to take another one, go for it. I kept taking them because I thought I was making myself see a faint line lol.
    Congrats!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009