Pagans, what does it mean...

when someone says they are or, that someone else is, a "hard" polytheist?
What are the other options as far as polytheism goes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am "hard" polytheist...

It means that I see many gods and goddesses as seperate from one another. While many view different Gods to be different incarnations of ONE Great God - I see them all as seperate beings intirely.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• What Sabrina said. Some believe "All are one" I believe like Sabrina that the Gods and Goddesses are individual and separate from one another
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• wenona, what does being a witch have to do with being polytheist? You can be an atheist and be a witch...I don't understand your answer.

~OP
    Anonymous

• Many people believe that all it takes to be a witch is to believe in a goddess... While this is NOT TRUE, it tends to be a popular belief among non-witches and non-pagans. I think that's where wenona was comming from. Just mis-information...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

Thanks Sabrina, it's difficult enough at times to find the info I'm looking for without people passing a long "mis-inforamation" as fact. This is what I thought but, I asked in case there was another reason.

~OP
    Anonymous