won't sleep at night anymore

I know people probably ask this all the time but...my son is 8 months, and has slept in his crib all night since 5 months. the last week he has bee waking up 3 or 4 times at night screaming. he wont stop until i pick him up, which i don't want him to get into the habit of me rocking him to sleep since he has done so good putting himself to sleep. what should i do?? i first thought teething, but he has no fussiness during the day at all. and nothing has changed, that i can think of.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 4:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething can be worse at night though - when they lay it throbs more plus during the day, they have activity to make them distracted - my son has the worst teething issues at night -for my son it would usually be a 2 week stretch where he'd have rough nights with teething -I used the CIO method however after 8 momths old so once the tooth popped through he was normally fine. I would give him tylenol, oragel and teething tablets each time he woke ( every 4 hours for the tylenol ) but it also helped him, sleep longer and wake less frequently.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009