do you understand what it means if a sign says ROAD CLOSED???

Ok, so for 6 months they have been talking about fixing an intesection in my community and closing the main arery. It was suppossed to be for 2 months but we gotit down to 2 weks. That's great!! But I live on the dead end of part of the streeet and you would not believe how many MORONS are coming down and turning around. A neighbor even posted MORE signs. UGH!!! Are people really this stupid???

Thanks for the vent!

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 4:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Travel

• Because they all see it as meaning "ROAD CLOSED to other people, but not me 'cause I only want to dart down it real quick like a bunny rabbit; I'm not REALLY breaking any rules."

Ugh.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• yeah, ppl are really that stupid
    Anonymous

• I totally understand your frustrations. LOL I am a school bus driver and we see stupidity every single day. I still don't get why people run our reds, almost hit children, simply because they do no read the signs, see the signs or what ever. You are not alone. I too deal with stupidity every single day. Some times I wonder what school of driving these people took. LOL
    jns131

Answer by jns131 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I'm sorry...I must have missed the signs. Was it your driveway I turned around in? Once again I apologize :)

I used to live on a street marked "No Outlet" and people would come down anyway then have to turn around in my driveway.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It's even worse when we have wooden horses (wood orange & white street blockers), and people drive around them. Another, when railroad crossing arms come down and people drive around those too. It's like safety and law guidelines don't pertain.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• HA! That's happening in front of my husband's restaurant! We stand at the windows and watch all the morons drive down the road and look astonished when they come to a ginormous road block after passing at least 3 or 4 ginormous "road closed" signs...it's even funnier when the big, pointless SUVs have to turn around and get stuck....i laugh and laugh and laugh....

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 4:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Every time we clean the shower house we put up large free-standing signs in front of the door that say "Restroom Closed." You can't believe the number of people that stop, read the sign, and walk in any way. They always seem so puzzled when we tell them they can't use the shower house at this time. Some people even yell at us. People want clean bathrooms, but they don't want you to clean them. Go figure.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You could always take advantage of the extra traffic by having a yard sale.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 8:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Yes! They're called husbands! How can I ever forget the weird ride my husband took us on when a road in my town was CLOSED. It was a main road, so people were traveling it to get to their neighborhoods. We rode over plain old earth for no apparent reason. Had someone taken time to think we could have avoided that experience.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• "UGH!!! Are people really this stupid???"

Yes. Yes they are.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2009