8 month old not sleepin thru the night

My little boy is almost 8 months old and isnt sleeping through the night. He did for my mom when I was on my honeymoon, but again is having problems. I feed him quite a bit (boy is he an eater) before bedtime but is still waking up 2-4 time during the night and no amount of soothing helps. The only thing that finally helps is eating. He reverted back to this again during teething, he just got his bottom two teeth. The biggest problem is that when he wakes up screaming, he also wakes up my 3 year old stepson. SO its a vicious cycle each time one of them cries it wakes the other. Hubby and I would LOVE a full nights sleep! Any suggestions?

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 5 months old and he would do this. He did not want anything and was usually pretty dry. I spoke to my sons doctor. He told me that if the baby is waking up, nothing works, you know nothing is wrong with him, then check on him for reassurance and then let him cry himself back to sleep. Make sure there is a little light, and we put a family picture by his bed where he could see it but not able to touch.

It actually worked it took about a week of sleepless nights but then he has slept through the night ever since!

As for your 3 yr old, maybe put the baby in the farthest room away from him and close the toddlers door after he falls asleep.
    litlmama06

Answer by litlmama06 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Oh the joys of teething. My 18 month old still has a hard time sleeping through the night. All babies are differnt. Good luck!
    Kristle25

Answer by Kristle25 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I am going through the same thing you are-my daughter is 8 months old also and she is wanting a bottle throught the night and I am very sooon going to try the (Ferber sp? ) method...I heard it is THE only thing that works in these cases...so goood luck and it feels better to know that I am not the only one going through this:) thanks
    samaras-mommy

Answer by samaras-mommy at 11:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009