My daughter is just staring solid food. We began with rice cereal, so far so good. However my goal is to give her all organic food. The only organic rice cereal I can find is brown rice cereal. I know brown rice is better than white, but is it ok for babies?

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 4:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i only feed my baby organic. if you go to walmart or babies r us, there is a brand called Earth's Best. everything is organic, and tastes good! you can also order thier food online. they even have formula.
    strawncj

Answer by strawncj at 5:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If it's sold in the baby aisle for babies, yes. If not, probably.

This company has an entire line of organic products for babies and is sold in many grocery stores:
    http://www.earthsbest.com/products/index.php
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Absolutely! You can also really easily make your own organic cereals by buying organic rice in bulk and using a clean coffee grinder to turn the rice into a powder then you add about double the amount of water and cook the cereal yourself. Check out the book "Super Baby Food' it is full of easy, do at home ideas.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 4:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i really agree with organic foods and naturals.. but also think about when they are older and living in the real world.. eating school lunches, or a bday party or any event where they have food... is s/he going to eat it?
    Anonymous

• I hardly ever use the dry mix cereals. Only when we go somewhere where I can't cook.
    I buy an organic brand of rice flour, cook it with a little water. After it thickens up, I add a little bit of unsalted butter and either formula or breastmilk to get the right consistency. Sometimes I mix it with steamed, pureed fruits or veggies, that I also buy organic.
    It is easy, and doesn't take long. The rice flour really only cooks for about 2 min. and then it's done. It requires a little more cleanup than just mixing straight in the bowl, but this way you know exactly what your baby is eating. I also do the same with fine corn flour.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009