• In the Spotlight:

Conjested 1 month old

My son is a C-section baby with horrible conjestion. The ped says it's normal. How long does this last? I've tried the saline spray and humid. at night.. Any suggestions?

raeandreidmom

Asked by raeandreidmom at 4:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies take longer than others. I had the same problem with my youngest but it only last about the first 2 or 3 months. What I found that helped was to just let the hot shower run and sit in the bathroom with him. Once you start to break a sweat is long enough. They also make baby vics now that I found worked wonders.
    Kristle25

Answer by Kristle25 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• omg! I have the same problem with my 3 week old baby. His nose is constantly congested. I used the saline and the aspirator, which helps, but he cries horribly afterward. I tried massaging his nose bridge a little that helps for a little bit. I'm hoping it would go away soon. Let me know what happens to your baby.
    melody1881

Answer by melody1881 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• That happened with mine til about 3 months maybe...I did all that too but really they just kind of "grow"out of it.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• thanks so much. I'll just wait it out.
    raeandreidmom

Answer by raeandreidmom at 9:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009