OMG Pit bulls do NOT have locking jaws

It is physically impossible. They have very strong jaws, but they do not lock! Thank you, that is all lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pets

• lol the age old myth! I know its so damn aggravating isnt it. anon do you own the breed? If so I just started a new group All Pit Bull Lovers you can shoot me an email and ill send you the link if you want
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• lol, the things that people will believe.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Not a pitbull fan...but I thought everyone was aware that that whole thing was a myth
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Ohhh Kayy
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 4:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• lol no they don't!!!! thank you!! should we send out a memo?

Anonymous

• sometimes it's not people's fault for believing something that they have been taught. i once heard on a tv show way back in the day that they did. so up until recently i thought it was true. although i have found out it's not. that was stated back before internet was around.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• A big problem with ppl believing crap is because PETA and HSUS
    Anonymous

• Thank you! Pit Bulls were bred for bull baiting (a bloody sport that is now illegal in most countries) and so have VERY strong grips when it comes to their jaws. But they do NOT have locking jaws!!!!

BadRap.org debunks several pittie myths on their site. Here's the link:
    http://www.badrap.org/rescue/myths.cfm
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• wow people actually thought they did?...

thats a little unnerving.
    YoucancallmeGod

Answer by YoucancallmeGod at 9:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I know that this is a myth but i have been told by too many people that not only do pit bulls do this but also jack russle terriers. I thought that was hilarious because i have had 2 jacks and people always try to talk others out of owning dogs (or anything for that matter) that they don't like. any dog that has been bread for fighting (of any kind) or like in the case of jacks and rat terriers, who are bread to go into holes and "chase" out small animals, seem to have these types of tooth configurations.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009