Do you ever feel?

After two exhausting years, i have turned in the gloves. I have lost the battle. My ex left for a twice divorced woman, and everyhing these past two years has gone his way. His family , who i was once very close too, has chosen this woman over me. I can understand loyalty, but to toss me aside completely. He is able to give my daughter a step sister with his ready made family. He is so happy and everything is going his way. I have a good job and try to be optimistic, but then something else happens for him to gloat about. How the heck can things go so right for a person who has hurt Me and our daughter so bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Karma is a funny thing. He'll get his at some point. I truly believe that.

Try and move on and not be concerned with their life, like they always say, living well is the best revenge.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• He gloats? What a dick. Just smile politely when he does and say that's nice, I'm happy for you. Don't ever let him know he gets to you, in fact, DON'T LET HIM! You just focus on you and your daughter and you will be happy and things will start looking up.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• gramsmom took the words right out of my mouth. Living well is the best revenge. I just used that saying not too long ago.

Things might not be going as well as he makes them out to be. I find people that feel the need to gloat rarely have a life worth gloating about. If he were truly happy, he wouldn't need you to be unhappy. Do not let him make you feel bad. Why should he have that kind of power?

You got the best part of him already though, your daughter. You have a good job. There's no reason why you can't be as happy as he says he is and more so.

jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 5:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• why didn't you just let him go 2 yrs ago so you wouldn't be going through this?
    Anonymous