How do you do group activies with your kids without loosing your mind?

I have three kids a 3 year old and two 20 month old twins and one on the way. I've been trying to do activities with them like the developmental teacher suggests but am finding I am getting very frustrated. I was trying today and everyone was unhappy and fussy. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Teachers and even my friends can do activities with there kids or even my kids and they seem happy and work together, but as soon as I try it goes wrong. I feel like the worst Mom in the world. I feel hopeless because I never really had a mom influence and the Mom's I did have never did activities with the kids. So how the hey do I do this?!!!! Any advice is welcome!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• i tend to just lose my mind,......i have three boys 8, 6, and 1.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 4:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You need to out small. Do a small craft/activity that all the kids can do, like make a mask. This is something they can do without having to have an eye on everyone of them together. I would wait for a game when everyone has had a nap, but a craft is something they can do at the same time and not worry about taking turns. Also, if you can manage it, do it on the floor. This keeps everyone, including you on the same level as the kids. Let the kids decorate the mask however they want. Color, glue sequins, glitter, macaroni on the masks. They will love what they are doing and be able to play with them afterward. Good luck, and once you start doing things together, it will get easier.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009