Have you ever sent your child to KinderCare?

I am a future and former KinderCare employee. I LOVED working there and the curriculum beats anything I've seen in my area! I was wondering if you had ever sent your child there, and what did you think about it? Have you ever worked there, and what did you think about that? I was just curious b/c I've seen many ads for KC on Cafemom and all over the web...

Elizabeth1015

Asked by Elizabeth1015 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I worked at a KinderCare for a few years. I worked with all ages in our center 6wks - 6yrs. I was the health and safety coordinator for 2 years while I was there, I taught hooked on phonics to the 4-5 yr olds and was acting assistant director while the director was on maternity leave. I liked working there and learned a lot about child development. It was stressful, and I hardly made any money, but I loved it for the most part. I left for a job making almost double the pay and then became a stay at home mom 3 years later.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have my son in KC. We started him out in Texas and now we're in California (3 months-20 months old). I'm amazed by it compared to other daycares we've used for my older daughter. She's in Montessori now and I love that. I am torn about whether to take him from KC and put him into Montessori when the time comes.

What I loved about it was that the main meal lunch was a good meal. I loved the education plan. It's not just a daycare, it's a school. I loved that all my teachers have been moms, not teenagers or college students at minimum wage. They close down 2 days a year for training.

And I loved that it's a corporation with standards... not a franchise.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 4:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2009