Does anyone have any good receipe ideas to cook with hamburger meat?

I am tired of having the same ole same ole thing and I layed hamburger meat out but dont want spaghetti or meat loaf, any ideas? thanks!

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Easy Hamburger Casserole

1 lb extra lean ground beef (or brown ground beef or turkey and drain fat)
    1 small chopped onion
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    1 pkg (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
    1 can cheese soup
    1 (16oz) pkg tater tots

Heat oven to 375°. Mix beef, onion, salt, and pepper in ungreased 2 qt casserole. Arrange vegetables on meat. Pour soup over, cover with tater tots. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until potatoes are golden brown.

Answer by Bmat at 4:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• How about chili or sloppy joes?

Answer by Bmat at 4:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have a friend who makes a delicious meal. She rolls out individual rounds of pie dough, puts a serving of ground beef, salt and pepper, some onion, cubed potatoes and carrots and folds the dough, and bakes like you would a pie. Very tasty.

Answer by Bmat at 4:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Porcupine Balls popped into my head as I read your question. Here is my recipe but I do add tabasco to mine.

1 lb. ground beef
    1/2 c. uncooked rice
    1 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    1 sm. onion, sliced
    1/2 green pepper, sliced
    1 tbsp. shortening
    2 1/2 c. tomato juice
    Dash nutmeg
    Salt & pepper to taste

Combine ground beef, rice, salt and pepper. Form into small balls about 1 1/2" in diameter. Place in baking dish. In a skillet, brown onions and green pepper in shortening. Add tomato juice and nutmeg. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour over meat balls. Cover baking dish. Bake in moderate oven at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until visible rice is very tender.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• 1 lb of ground beef
    1 can kidney beans dranined
    1can mexi corn
    1 can green chillis
    1 cup cheese cheddar but I use whatever I have
    1 packet taco sesoning
    1 tube of the cresent rolls

brown the beef I like to add onion to it and sesoning salt but you don't have to add the taco sesoning, kidney beans chillis and mexicorn mix all together let cook for couple of minutes then put everything in a round glass pan unless( you have a skillet that can go in the oven then you could just cook everything in the skillet) then top with cheddar cheese and take the cresent rolls dough and spread it over so everything is covered and put in the over for 350 until the dough is golden brown.

sounds weird but it is really good my hubby can't get enough of it and so simple to make
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• or you can try this web site you can type anything in

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=ground%20beef

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Taco stuffed pasta shells are fabulous! Cook jumbo pasta shells and set aside, brown 1lb meat with some chili powder, drain, melt about 6 oz cream cheese into meat... stuff shells with meat mixture and place in greased 9x13 pan. Drizzle each shell with taco sauce, cover and bake for 30 mins...remove cover and top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips, return to oven for another 5-10 mins. Serve each with a dollop of sour cream on top and chopped green onions. I'm drooling they are so good!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I know your probably not looking for the answer hamburger's, but............ have you tried it this way?? Hamburger, then bbq sauce topped with bacon bits and then cheese. Its soooo yummy. :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes or buttered noodles. Just brown the meat, sprinkle with flour and add enough milk to just cover the meat. Cook on low until a gravy forms. It is just like the sausage for biscuits and gravy.

Swedish meatballs over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. McCormick makes a seasoning packet for swedish meatballs and it is yummy and fast.

Meatballs over buttered noodles, topped with shredded cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Stroganoff w/ meatballs, meatball subs, chili, sloppy joes, taco soup, tacos, beef and bean enchiladas, tater tot casserole, Hamburger gravy /w noodles, toast, or mashed potatoes, regular old hamburgers
    sahm_krystal33

Answer by sahm_krystal33 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2009