my 8 month old wont stop screaming!!!?

my 8 month old screams all day. i cant even let her cry herself to sleep, it does not happen. an hour later she's still screaming. she screams when she wakes up, when you change her diaper, when you put her down, when shes hungry, sad, mad, happy.....!!!! she screams when she's crawled two feet.

the only time she doesn't cry is when she has the bottle, or when you hold her...well she'll even scream when you hold her, if your not doing what she wants.

i've noticed it happens alot more with me, but i'm not a "soft" mom. i have no problem letting her cry, but it gets scary when there is no end. please help!

strawncj

Asked by strawncj at 4:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When did this start? Does she have colic? Has it been this way for the last little while/week/two days? There's no chance she broke something? I would call the doctor if it's new and doesn't subside.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• There could be something VERY wrong with her. Take her to her pediatrician ASAP!
    Anonymous

• My son went through that at a bit younger age. Turned out he was really gassy, because as soon as I'd tearfully hand him to my mother, she'd rub his belly, pat his back, he'd belch so loud the walls would shake and then fall asleep.

Have you tried rubbing her belly? Does she burp or pass gas easily? Does she pull her legs up, like she's trying to curl into the fetal position?

Is the screaming recent?

If it's recent, check her gums. Maybe she's teething and it's hurting her.

Do you notice any rashes or marks on her? (My youngest would scream when he wore certain brands of diapers, he was allergic to the "lock-away" stuff they put in the lining.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• UM.... My son had colic - which was uncalmable for the first 5 months but was fussy ALL DAY LONG after that was done til nearly 2 months ago ( at 18 months it got better ) I was at my wits end - took him to the doctor constantly!! he has food allergies which can cause his tummy issues, not being able to poop but he's had this since birth so it shouldn't make him cry ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! does this sound familiar? Nothing medically wrong with her but is a whiny clinger and nothing makes her happy? I am not a soft mom either but he Always did it worse for me than my mom or husband..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My LO started throwing fits around that age too, its like all of suddent he discovered emotions and they overwhelmed him. There were times were nothing would do. All I could do was wait it out.

But it is nothing like what you discribed. Talk to your peditrician.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 5:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009