Have you seen Coraline? Is it okay for my 3 yo?

He loves Nightmare Before Christmas, it never scared or bothered him. How is Coraline compared to that? I really want to see it :D

bltcahill

Asked by bltcahill at 4:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Entertainment

• I would say if he likes TNBC he'd be fine with Coraline.
    Anonymous

• If he handled Nightmare Before Christmas, he may be okay. There's some scenes where people unzip their skin and jump out of it. One character is a giant spider made up of sewing needles. Several characters have buttons for eyes and they discuss murdered children.

My kids are much older (9 and 11) and they said some of the images were disturbing to think about, though not upsetting. it was, to them, more of an "ooohhh that's CREEPY!"
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My 3 year old saw it with us and he was fine. Some of the stuff was scary to my 6 year old but it was more that he knew he was supposed to be scared. I don't think it's any more disturbing than The Nightmare Before Christmas.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 9:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes we saw it in theaters with my kids. She loved it and she is 4. I guess it depends on the kid. I mean...the folks have button eyes and it has the potential to be kinda "Creepy" lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009