How much do you leave for an 6 to 8 yr. old child after loosing their teeth?

My son has lost 5 teeth in the past 2 weeks, every time I go to place the money he either wakes up or I forget to do this. He is 8.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i leave $1.00 a tooth. sometimes $2.00 depending on the experience of losing the tooth - lol
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 5:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i say a 1.00, but my boyfriend says more. so we negotiate with 2.00. prices have gone up since we were little.
    strawncj

Answer by strawncj at 5:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My 5 y.o. just lost her first tooth this past Saturday. Hubby wanted to give her $5 but I've been giving my DS $1.....guess who won :O)
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My son hasn't lost any teeth yet, but I will probably give him $1.

Boredmom44, I know exactly how you feel. My stepson (13) wanted a Playstation 3, and had been saving up his own money for months in order to buy one for himself. He was $50 dollars away from his goal, when his mother stepped in and bought him one for his birthday. (He got cash for his birthday too, so he would have had enough money on his own to buy it.) I just felt that was so wrong of her to do, and totally sent the wrong message. She basically undermined any sense of independence he was developing. Well when he's 40 years old, and still mooching off her, she'll only have herself to blame.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My kids get $1 no matter what tooth and what age. The last one my son lost was right after Easter. At Easter he told me there was no bunny so I assumed he would realize there is no tooth fairy also so I didn't leave the $1 under his pillow. I just handed it to him. He didn't care as long as he got his dollar. He was 7 at the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Mine always got a dollar and a sheet of stickers for teeth.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Ugh.

$5. My daughter lost her first tooth at my mom's house when she was on an overnight visit and all my mom had was a $5 bill. She's only lost one other tooth since then, but was ecstatic to get another $5 so she could go to the store and pick something out. I would have felt incredibly bad if her hopes were crushed. So I put a five under her pillow. The light in her eyes, and smile on her face when she woke up though was enough for me to feel okay with this.

I remember telling my fiance that the price for teeth has drastically gone up since we were kids! lol.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My daughter has lost 6 teeth so far and our tooth fairy brings barbie dolls !!
    sophia_03_27

Answer by sophia_03_27 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My son gets something different every time. Once he got $5, once he got 50 cents. Once he got some gold dollars... Gotta mix it up. That started cause one time I didn't have a dollar to give him, had to dig out some quarters!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009