Whats a good stroller to take to the beach???

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 5:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Travel

• I'm wondering the same thing! I can't wait til someone answers!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 5:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would have to say the lightest one you can find. You have to carry them through the sand. I don't know what beach you're going to but in southern NJ we have lots of soft sand b4 you get to the water. Buy one of those little canopy thingies and forget the stroller....JMO. Have fun!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If you really need one, bring a lightweight umbrella stroller. A heavy one will just sink really far into the sand and be impossible to maneuver (trust me—I've done it, and it was awful.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• A jogging stroller with a fixed front wheel even at 4 years old I can push our triplets back to the car in theirs after a long day at the beach. That's 100+ pounds of kids plus stroller and stuff loaded in to the stroller
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 9:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Good luck taking ANY stroller on the beach.. you will have to carry it to get over the sand as another mom said. You could always buy a little wagon if you needed it that bad. That's what I have always taken to the beach with me when my son was younger.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I live on the beach, so I feel like I can safely answer this question for you, lol. A stroller with large wheels, like a jogging stroller will do fine in the packed sand. Also a wagon. Good luck getting anything through the soft sand though. An umbrella stroller will not make it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009