2nd pregnancy and going to be induced.. AGain

I am 39 weeks pregnant and my doctor is going to induce me since i have a history of a high weight baby. My first child was 9lbs and 11 oz and was stuck in the birth canal and had to have the vaccum used to get him out. I guess i am scared which i guess is normal but i know what to expect but what i am wondering will it be pretty much the same or will this one go a little faster and maybe easier. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me it was totally different. I was induced with my son electively and chose to do the same with my daughter. 1st time-major back pain, labor all day, 2 pushes and I was done. I didn't feel like I was in labor cuz all the pain was in my back. With #2 pain came sooner and it was localized in the front, she was born faster the doc wasn't even there! She had gone home to have dinner with her family & said well it should be about the same-see you in a couple hours. It was 20 minutes later I had her and I didn't tear with her. Mine were about the same weight too. Just over 7 lbs.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My second induction was faster than my first. My first was 20 hours and my second was 13. It's a little easier knowing what to expect but at the same time, you know what to expect. Know what I mean?
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009