Stomach Issues

So I am 5 weeks pregnant and for the past couple weeks I have been experiencing, stomach cramps and diarrhea. The stomach cramps are really painful and the diarrhea is interfering with my life. So my question is how do I avoid this problem and should I go to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you should talk to your doctor. Depending upon how quickly the food is passing through your system, you may not be getting enough nutrients out of it. My friend is pregnant, and she was experiencing similar symptoms until she found out she was suddenly lactose intolerant. Apparently some women develop that while they are pregnant. It could be dairy or some other food allergy that is making you sick. Talk to your doctor...why suffer when you probably don't have to?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• yes go to the doctor
    Anonymous