9-1-1 EMERGENCY! This momma needs new crockpot recipes!

My husband gets home from work at random times every night so I can't plan for a specific time for dinner. I love using my crockpot and having dinner ready whenever my man walks in, but I am getting so sick of my recipes and I think he is too. I NEED HELP! :)

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 5:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Place 4 servings of Minute Rice on the bottom of your crockpot, add 4 boneless porkchops seasoned how you like it. Add 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 1-2 cans of milk. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The pork chops get so tender they fall apart into the rice and soup mix. I just scoop into a bowl and eat away. You may have to add more liquid during the cooking time. You can also use boneless chicken breasts instead of porkchops. I have also, panfried the chops before putting in the slowcooker.

Another one is, put ribs (boneless or on the bone) in a crockpot and add BBQ sauce to cover, let cook on low 6-8 hours. The ribs will be nice and tender.

I have also put sauerkraut, cubes of potatoes, green peppers and onions in the slow cooker and let go for a few hours.

There is a crockpot cooking group on CM and they have tons of yummy recipes on there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Spicy Roast chicken: 4 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. thyme, 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. Mix all together, rub on & under skin of a whole chicken. Put chicken in crockpot, cover & cook on low for 8 hours or more.
    Taco Soup: 28 oz. can crushed/diced tomatoes, 2 cans pinto beans, 1 can Rotel tomatoes & green chilies, 1 8 oz. can sweet corn niblets, 1 small can green chilies (optional), 1 envelope taco seasoning, 1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix. Mix all together in crockpot, cover &cook on low for 4 hours.
    Round steak & gravy: Cut 2 lb. round steak into serving pieces. Place in crockpot. Top with 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, 1 can cream of mushroom soup,1/4 c. water. Cover &cook on low for 8 - 10 hours, serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Can cook a beef roast the same way.
    See my blog for more ideas http://rhondashomestylerecipes.blogspot.com
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• For the pork chops, cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup are just as good and the cream of chicken. Baking apples in the crockpot with the pork chops is good too. I like to cook whole chickens in the crockpot and serve chicken, rice, and veggies one night and then I have leftovers for several more meals like chicken enchiladas, chicken tacos, which both of those can be made in a crock pot, or chicken tortilla soup.
    sahm_krystal33

Answer by sahm_krystal33 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• there are a few crockpot recipe groups on cafemom.

I have a several TNT crockpot recipes that I will be happy to send you to (curries, chili, soup., stews, pasta dishes, etc.)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I cooked ribs yesterday in mine. OOO so good.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I made chicken enchiladas in mine - I threw in boneless skinless chicken breasts and mixed 2 packets of taco seasoning with water, poured over it, and let it cook all day on low. When I got home from work I shredded the chicken and put it back in. We stuffed it into whole wheat pita pockets with lettuce and cheese and whatever else you want - even the 7 YO liked them.

also I make chicken parmesan - chicken breasts, jar of sauce, and let it simmer all day - throw shredded cheese on during the last 5 minutes or so (when dh is getting out of his work clothes or whatever). I already had leftover spaghetti noodles in the fridge. plus this way its alot healthier since it's not deep fried - sometimes I throw chopped onion, squash, peppers, and zuchinni in also and make chicken pasta primavera.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2009