do you think you have to give up everything when you have a child?

Ok so i posted this yesterday but only got like one response so i thought i would try again. My DH writes a website called www.hollywoodguys.net Its just something fun that he does with his friends on the side and his family keeps telling him that he needs to shut it down because he has a child. So if you are bored please check out his site read some of his (HEFE'S)reviews and tell me if just because he has a child he needs to stop doing this....thanks....
www.hollywoodguys.net

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you should be willing to give up everything if you have too.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i don't see anything wrong with it. Its harmless, why should he shut it down?? I don't get it......am i missing something R rated or something, because i didn't see any. So wtf is the problem?? Its fine.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Of course not. So what if he has a child? It's something he enjoys. That's like someone telling me I can't take and edit pictures anymore because I have kids... it's dumb.

And I have to admit I enjoyed his reviews.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• So I have to wonder, is the question you are asking legit or are you trying to help them promote the site? All I can say is, if he doesn't see anything wrong with the content that he types on that website there really isn't much you can do. Chances are you knew that he gets a thrill from acting like a chauvinistic pig online.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• you don't give up Cafemom so why should he give up what he enjoys doing? Leave the man alone. It's no different than playing video games or going out drinking or fishing or other stuff that men do when families think they should be home helping change diapers. legalmommy has a point too. It does sound like your post is more of a promotion selling your husbands site and we all know each click there puts money in your pocket. KA CHING. Promote your business somewhere else. it's against CM policy for you to do that here.
    Anonymous

• i'm a woman AND a mother, not a mother THEN a woman. so no, i dont think you should give up EVERYTHING because you have a child. yes you have to make sacrifices but if you give up EVERYTHING you will eventually lose your sanity
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• So I have to wonder, is the question you are asking legit or are you trying to help them promote the site?

NO i am not trying to help him promote the site...I don't want him to give it up but, if it became more popular then he would spend way too much time on it and then i would have a problem with it LOL!!!

Anonymous

• It does sound like your post is more of a promotion selling your husbands site and we all know each click there puts money in your pocket. KA CHING. Promote your business somewhere else.

wow ummm I guess i am sorry if my post bothered anyone...but just so you know he does not make any money from the site. and that is not what it is for...he does it for FUN He has had the site for 5 years and we have never seen a dime from it and never excpect to! Its just that his mom has been a really bi*** lately she keeps telling him that what he writes is inappropriate and he needs to grow up and i thought this was a place where i could ask a question..so again sorry that this post bothered anyone

Anonymous

• No, you don't have to give up everything, nor should you. Your child is coming to live with YOU.

You should be physically available to the child and take care of its needs. But you do not need to drop all your hobbies and interests...in fact, I think it's more important than ever to keep those when you do have children.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:07 AM on Jul. 22, 2009