Would you let another woman live in your home temporarily?

My uncles second cousin is planing to come to our state to look up for universities and maybe a job. My uncle is very close to my hubby so I'm the one who has to decide what to do. I don't know how to tell them that I don't want a woman here. I'm the only woman and it wouldn't feel right!

Am I crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• My BFF's home burned down. She had her parents to go to, she just didn't want the restraints and "curfew" at their home. She asked to come here. I just couldn't do it. Before she moved in we had discussed pets. I have (had 4 at this time) but they stayed in the kitchen when we were asleep or gone. She had a dog that was marginally housebroken and she stated he'd stay out in the house. Then there are other issues that concerned me, like the time she'd be alone in the house when DH was home. I love her like a sister, but I learned a very long time ago that you can trust no woman with your man. Not to mention the general clashes we as women would have had because of the different way we do things. To keep the friendship we denied her request. It may seem cold, but I just couldn't do it.

Anonymous

• to be truthfully me the anwser would be no. sorry it sounds so harsh but thats just my opinion
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 5:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• This is one of those things that it depends on a lot of stuff. I did let a woman live with us for 9 months & it never caused any problems in the marriage. However, under new circumstances, I would not do it again. Do you have the space for her so that everyone can maintain their privacy? How is your marriage? How long would it be for (this should be determined BEFORE she comes)? Again, this would just depend on so much.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't allow it. I'm a fairly private person and I wouldn't want anyone, male or female, living with me. My husband is the same way, so we'd have no problem telling them no.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• NO WAY i would never have another woman live me!
    Anonymous

• Are you worried about her and your Husband?
    Anonymous

• If youre worried about your husband, you might be asking the wrong question. If you'reworried about having a stranger stay with you, male or female, that's more of a concern. Also, privacy and what it'll mean financially to have someone staying with you for a while...
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 5:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If I did not trust the person..no but I know deep within my stomach who I can or can not trust. I have had many females and males stay with us. But that is because we do trust them and know that they will not steal or lie to us about anything. For they know if you lie to us ..you will steal from us. Has soon as we catch you in a lie..we ask nicely for you to leave our home and never come back around.
    For you feeling wrong about this..don't it is your home, too and you do have a say on who comes or goes.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 5:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Depending on who it is, but yes.

We had a woman live with us for about 5 months before. She was living there with her "boyfriend" who was a total jerk, and I wished I could kick him out and keep her. They did break up eventually, and she and I are still very good friends.

I am very picky about who stays with us now. They have to adhere to house rules, and they have to help out with groceries and such.

Having another woman in the house doesn't feel weird to me. It's actually nice sometimes.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• if nothing else, suggest www.roomates.com that's how I've always founds my homes.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 6:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2009