financial help

Right now I am 37 weeks pregnant n used 2 work perdiem. I do not have any sick or vacation time to get paid for. what can I do toget money while on my leave for the next six weeks. Help!!!!!

carltom

Asked by carltom at 5:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Check to see if you're covered by your state's disability insurance program. You might be, especially if you paid into the system while working.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You should have thought about that earlier
    Anonymous

• All though it would be ideal to think of it earlier anony, that doesn't always happen.

Get a part time job, home or outside the house.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You could start babysitting at home while you are there. That's what I did when I decided to stay home after the birth of my second child. I actually made decent money and was home with my kids. I only took one child at a time because I didn't want to over extend myself, but I looked at it as getting paid to stay home.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You can search the job boards for positions that match your skillset and have a telecommute option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org. Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If you are able to do this, I would start a home based business. That way when you go back to work, you can keep it as a second income. If you are interested, my company pays us daily. That means any business we turn in for that day before 5pm, a check is cut the next day and mailed. Send me a message if you want details.
    Reaching100K

Answer by Reaching100K at 10:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• QUICK! Type the following website address into your browser

badcreditdoctor.ws
    Patience654

Answer by Patience654 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Work at Home!

Also check out this link to make a nice income from home!
    Patience654

Answer by Patience654 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009