I would like to know when you have a pelvic ultrasound at 5 weeks pregnant.... can they see the fetus already? I was told in the er, I only have a sac! and that the fetus might not develope! Im totally scared! and don't know what to think.... any ideas??j The dr. told me to check my blood level on Thurs.; and if they are hired I should be able to continue my pregnancy! Currently they are 799.3/ what ever that means! please help! Is this normal to be 5weeks and they only see the sac!???? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it is completely normal. Typically, you will be able to see the embryo somewhere around 6 weeks, sometimes a little later. Wait the 2 days for the blood tests, thats the only way to know for sure.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• you are SO VERY early
    do not panic
    i ahd ultra sound at 6 weeks and they could barely hear the heart
    got me all freaked out
    it was just early
    try to be pantient- i know impossible
    when is your next appt.
    can you call and talk to a nurse over the phone
    sometimes you get a good one that does not talk in medical terms
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I had a sonogram at 6 weeks and you could only see the sac. Relax. Give it time.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 5:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• o been here done this my son is now 5 mo so dont listen till your 8 wks than see what they see..good luck
    Anonymous

• I had a pelvic u/s at 7 weeks cause I was high risk and could see the heart beating but barely. Its about 7-9 weeks that they do thos sometime I had an u/s every week and at 8 you could see it you are really early relax and GOOD LUCK.
    1st_timer_31

Answer by 1st_timer_31 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009