What kind of crib did you buy?

I am curious about cribs. I am trying to find an inexpensive convertible crib, and wanted to pick a good one. So what do you recommend?

Stefanie1085

Asked by Stefanie1085 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My hubby was unemployed when I was pregnant so we looked for the best deal we could. The crib we bought matched the nursery decor and the rest of our house perfectly, was easy to assemble, seems safe, looks good, and was under $150 bucks.

Here it is:
    http://www.walmart.com/Graco-Lauren-Convertible-Crib-Espresso/ip/8466715
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 5:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• we bought a cherry wood one from target its a 4 in one bed convertable we paid 250 for it. we have this used baby store and they sell em for like 100 bucks i would check out those.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Our crib is very old, and we bought it used for our first one 8 years ago, so I don't think they sell it anymore, but i will say that I can highly recommend that you get a crib that can convert into a toddlerbed. Ours does. All we have to do is take the front side off, and our oldest slept in it until she was almost 4 years old, and after that she went straight into a twin size bed. it was a big moneysaver, not having to go out and buy a toddlerbed.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• We did a lot of searching on walmart.com for their convertible cribs on sale. I don't remember the name of it, but we bought the mahogany color, it was on sale, and the shipping was on special for 99 cents. Since we had $200 to use for a crib, and we had money left over after ordering the crib, we went ahead and bought a mattress, too, that happened to have a delivery special of only 99 cents. I think we had 20 cents left out of the $200 after ordering the crib, mattress, shipping, and delivery. Not too shabby. It's gorgeous, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009