leaking amniotic fluid?

sometimes after i go pee (sorry tmi) my underwear are a little wet. like im leaking or something. it's not urine it's clear with no smell. i was told amniotic fluid would smell a little sweet. i am 36 weeks prego should i contact my doc now or just wait until my appointment this week?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• good question, i'm glad you asked i'll stay tuned for the answers b/c i'm 33 weeks and having the same problem, but i go to the doctor tomorrow GL :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I heard its supposed to smell like amonia or bleach and yes you should contact ur doctor you never know what it could be...
    Anonymous

• I heard it smells sweet too. I'd go to the doc. You may be leaking.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 6:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Go to your doc and get checked out you could be leaking. I was told that its more of a RUSHING RIVER when it happens and my doc did not think I was leaking and let it go. Well I when I went to the doc like 3 days later. I was infact leaking and the levels were lower and if you deliver a DRY PREGNACY (NO FLUID) its painful I am told plus the baby can get sick. I was always told better to be safe then sorry. My baby head was bloking the flow so that what could be happening to you. Hope this helps.
    1st_timer_31

Answer by 1st_timer_31 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009