• In the Spotlight:

Is it normal for toddlers to sleep all night in a t-shirt and a diaper, without leaving a blanket on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd will kick the cover off if she's too hot & if she gets cold she'll pull it back up on herself
    Anonymous

• Mine is 11 months...she HATES blankets. So I never put one in there, I just halfway close the vent in her room so it doesn't get chilly
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My dd is 20 mo and will kick it off if she's too hot or if she wants to see her toes. She tries to put it back on but I still go in there and cover her up before I go to bed. She likes to sleep in just a diaper.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My 20 month old won't keep a blanket on him period. I never let him sleep with one until he was about 18 months anyway, but he prefers not having anything on him. He sleeps in pajamas. During the summer it's either light pants and a t-shirt or shorts and a t-shirt. During the winter, he sleeps on the long-sleeved sleepers with feet. He's plenty warm so a blanket isn't necessary.
    butterflyblu

Answer by butterflyblu at 6:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If it's summer and gets hot at night, my toddler will kick off his covers and I'll let him sleep that way. He's usually in a diaper and tee too. During the winter we have to do the footie pajamas because he also hates covers and won't keep them on. He gets really mad when I try to cover him!
    Anonymous

• Yes, just like adults, some of them prefer not to have covers.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• my son has never liked the blanket on him. he likes to lay on top of it. he's always been that way.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• my son sleeps in his pjs that have short and we put the blanket on but he kicks them off but in the winter he wear footey pjs.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Mine sleeps in onesies in the summer, and footies in the winter and ALWAYS kicks off the cover, and sometimes takes off the clothes too.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My son has never slept with a blanket on, and in the summer heat I have been putting him down in just a t-shirt and diaper to keep him comfortable.  He sleeps through the night just fine and doesn't seem to mind a bit.

Kim, from justamomha.com

justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 1:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009