Are there any places or websites I can go to to recieve free diapers?

I am a single mom on medicade right now and WIC and I was wondering if there are places that help you out with diapers too. PLEASE NO BASHING. Times are really tuff right now and my pay checks go to house bills and day care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Craigslist is a good bet. I've given away diapers on there when my son outgrew them.

You should sign up on the websites for Huggies, Pampers and/or Luvs. They'll send you coupons and maybe a sample diaper now and then.

Walmart.com sometimes gives away Huggies diaper samples. Check them out periodically and if you see a free diaper offer jump on it, because they run out fast.

Also you should check with whatever social service agencies are available in your area. They may have free or low-cost diapers available. Good luck!
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 6:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Hey, I'm not on WIC, but I feel your pain. Times are tough. I wish I had a good answer.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 5:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Do you know anyone who has a membership with Sam's, BJ's or a Costco? If so maybe have them pick you up a BIG box of their brand of diapers. Saves money and will last a month.

Anonymous

• Have you considered cloth diapering? It can save you money if you have access to a washer and dryer. There are websites that "loan" them out to low income families. Just a thought...
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You can check craigslist. When my little one outgrew a size, I just put an ad up for someone to come get them. Perhaps you could also check with your church, or a church near you if you don't attend, and see if they might help.
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 6:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Try a local church, the Salvation Army and your local Welfare office. You can also email, call or write to the diaper companies and see if they will atleast send you coupons. Look in the Sunday paper for diaper coupons, I have seen coupons for up to $3 off a pack of diapers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2009