will the county help me?

my husband will be moving out this week. does anyone know how much the county can do to help and what they can help with even though we aren't legally separated or divorced. I'm kinda afraid things are going to fall completely apart under my feet. i have two children to take care of and we will be staying in our mobile home and don't want to loose it.

mom2boys80

Asked by mom2boys80 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You would have to apply and find out. I tend to think you have to be legally separated or divorced or they will include his income. Also, if you apply for cash benefits, you will have to look for a job.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• okay thank you
    mom2boys80

Answer by mom2boys80 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I figure it will involve filling out alot of papers. You will probably be able to file for welfareif you tell them you are separating. It really depends on your state and their system.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• First get child support on the phone. If you want to apply for assistance...they will deny you if you do not have an active child support case.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2009