Bibles and Bras...

No, they don't have anything to do with each other - just two different things that has been on my mind lately.

I want to give my 8-year-old a new Bible and wonder if you have any good ideas. She is a good reader and likes to read the Bible. She has outgrown The Beginner's Bible and is still too young for the regular, grown up Bibles. Is there a good kids devotional Bible? We just started going to a new church and they use NKJV, but any version is fine for home, I think.

And then to the bra... I have yet to find a comfortable bra! I am a size 34 D and I am very sensitive so I need one that is soft, but still supports well, without cutting in to my shoulders, preferably without wires. Kind of a silly question to ask here, but I've tried so many and can't find one I like so I thought I'd ask for your input.

Thank you.

MammaHoney

Asked by MammaHoney at 6:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• with you on the bra thing. I am a 40DD and they are either too much bra or to little bra.
    Anonymous

• For the Bible go to a Bible book Store and they will be able to help you, I would buy above her age maybe going to a teen devo Bible, although it will deal with some pure teen issues (peer presures, sex, drugs) that your girl is not quite ready for.

The bra-JCPennys- my daughter wears the same size and we get the prettiest bras from there. They have good support and I don't see strap marks on her shoulders. They are called "flirt-atude" they can be a little wild in the prints- tiedye, plaids, bright flowers, you have to search for more basic colors, good luck on both
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 7:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I just became a 34 D. Check Target, that's where I got the ones I like. That and Victoria's Secret, but that's $$.

There are a lot of great Teen bibles out there, but it totally depends on your faith. Check Barnes and Noble, I know that I've shelved some awesome ones.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• my sister found some cute bras at kohl's I get mine at Fredricks of hollywood:)

as to the Bible, not sure as I don't have any older kids:) good luck.. try focus on the family.com they should have some reccomendations.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 8:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Bras - http://www.onehanesplace.com/product/15136.html

This one is my current favorite. They sell them at Wal Mart.
    I am a 46 DD so it's next to impossible for me to find one thats comfy.

Bibles - there are a TON of great children's study bibles. Go to http://www.christianbook.com or amazon for some ideas.

I hear this one is a great one:

http://www.christianbook.com/niv-faithgirlz-backpack-imitation-leather-periwinkle/9780310710127/pd/71012X?item_code=WW&netp_id=367099&event=EBRN&view=covers
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I am a D cup myself, i prefer my fredericks of hollywood bra's. good support, comfort, and they are sexy
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2009